Friday, February 2, 2007

I'm a hypocrite and I'm not embarrassed about it

I'm a columnist for Realty Times and I wrote this article about how blogs have exceeded their utility in getting new business. I even mentioned that it seems like everyone and their dogs have a blog and that even my dog has one. While I still think that (the utility concept, not the dog-blog thing) I am now wondering why I started this blog. Maybe I'm the kind of guy who has an inferiority complex and must do what others do to be accepted.

Maybe I was just thinking that a few short years ago if I told someone I had a "blog" they would have thought it was something from an "Outer Limits" episode about a fat dog or something. Terminology changes along with technology.

I know for a fact that if I told my wife five years ago that I "googled" someone she would have divorced me on the spot. Things change. And I'm a thing.

Or maybe I really haven't started a blog at all. Maybe I have both started a blog and ended it at the same time. This could be a ying/yang gig. Or quantum-blog theory.

I'll keep you posted, or maybe I'll just keep myself posted to see if anyone ever reads this stuff. It's not like I don't have anything to write, I'm a published author and my latest book "Mortgage Confidential" is going great guns. Happy about that. Maybe I need to thank some bloggers. Or maybe I need to thank the book reviewers. Or both. Or maybe I need to just thank myself because it's the best home finance book on the market. Ever. Humbly speaking, of course.

okay...testing, three, two, one....

5 comments:

Norma Newgent said...

Well hello there-so glad I didin't make an enemy, just wrote a quick reaction piece. It took me a while to get in the groove of keeping up a blog, but I write when I have something to say and find I'm enjoying it. Please visit my blog any time (www.TheDogThatBitMe.com) I'm allowed to howl over at Bloodhound and the folks there are great. Looking forward to great things from you!

CD Reed said...

Yeah, you took some shots at me, but that's okay. I admit even a GPS wouldn't help me, I have both serious driving issues as well as my ego keeps me from asking directions.

You do have a nice writing style, though, nice little gift. Makes it easier to get hit by thrown stones when it's written so well by a cute columnist...

Louise said...

You are so cute. I read your RT article fairly regularly. Are you single? Your articles seem much more palatable/sp when written by a cute columnist....or when I've had a couple glasses of wine.

Fondly....
LM

CD Reed said...

....I LOVE cute columnists...don't you!...

jessie said...

Great blog, CDR.

DSS